My very own piece of cyber earth where I can rant and rave. A place where all shoes are accepted and loved (except for ones from Payless of course).

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Introducing Claudia.

World, meet Claudia. Claudia, meet world.



Claudia is a 3 month old Great Dane. However, everyone I meet thinks she is a Lab. This makes me crazy. Just because she is black and has floppy ears does not mean she is a Lab. Below are some of my favorite “I love your Lab” stories.

Stranger 1: Oh, your dog is so cute! But isn’t she a little bit skinny for a Lab…
Me: Uh, yeah. She’s not a Lab. She’s a Great Dane.
Stranger 1: Oh.

Pizza Delivery Boy: That’s a cute puppy! I love dogs. We have the same kind of dog at home, but she’s a yellow Lab, not a black one.
Me: Not a Lab. Great Dane. Give me my damn pizza.

Nosy Over-enthusiastic Neighbor: Your puppy is so cute! I grew up with Lab! They are sooooo nice! I LOVE Labs! I think my family sho…
Me: NOT A LAB! GREAT DANE!

The list goes on and on. The other thing I have noticed about dog ownership is that anyone who has ever watched the Dog Whisperer is magically transformed into the worlds top dog trainer. Drives me nuts. That’s a whole other post though. Enjoy the pics!



5 Comments:

Blogger the doze said...

What a cute lab puppy!

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Laura Horne said...

I think Claudia and Blueberry should be friends.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

Very cute dog! Although it's probably much much bigger and less cute by now.

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

thanks for the parenting advice. it sounds great! how've you been? you've disappeared from the blogging world.

7:09 AM

 
Blogger the doze said...

I want my Right To Shoes! How about an update? I need a good belly laugh from my good friend Christoph.

1:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home